- No products in the cart.
Recently we worked with a customer that weighs 400 plus pounds and is really trying to be more active. He always enjoyed riding a bike but there was nothing out there, except for the Zize bike line, rated to support his pay load requirements. Zize bikes are are made for heavy pay loads up to 550 lbs. The customer also knew he would need a pedal assist to get started on getting back in shape. The Zize Yonder with the wider pedal crank span seemed to be the ideal fit. We noticed Zize sells this model with a Bafang Mid-Drive EBike kit system, which we also can install. However, the customer was able to realize a $1,250 dollar savings and get more bang for the buck by purchasing the Yonder bike from Zize and having us install a Bafang mid-drive electric bike kit system on it. He also realized more than 30% distance per charge with the 20AH (960 watt hours) Samsung battery we installed versus Zize’s 14.5AH (696 watt hours) battery. In addition, we set it up with a color display and throttle. It is programmed for the max allowable speed of 28mph with 9 levels of pedal assist versus Zize’s advertised 20 mph limit, no functional throttle, and 5 levels of assist (all upgradable Zize states by a qualified technician).
If you are a heavy rider, and/or pack a lot with you, any of the Zize bikes can be outfitted with one of our systems and $ave you lot$. Give us a call today to order a Zize bike for heavy riders that will be outfitted with one of our systems. We build it and ship it for $6250 compared to the Zize price of $7,500, which includes shipping within the continental U.S.
– Bottom Bracket: 100 mm, providing a wider stance for bigger riders
– Brakes Clarks award-winning component, providing exceptional reliability and consistent performance
– Carrying Capacity: 550 pounds
– Frame: Oversize, aircraft-quality Chromoly Tubes
– Front Fork: Custom-designed and built of chromoly by Furui
– Front Hub: An Teng, designed to work seamlessly with rotor
– Inner Tubes 26″ x 3″
– Pedals: Forged Alloy platform chromoly spindle
– Rear Derailleur: Shimano, wide range 1 x 10 Drivetrain
– Rear Hub: SF, 170 mm and 10 speeds
– Rims: Double wide, aluminum rims
– Saddle: DDK, designed for optimum riding form on the Yonder
– Seat Post: 32 mm, with double binder bolts in chromoly steel
– Spokes: 36 Professional-quality stainless steel
– Tires: 26” x 3.0” Compass tires with tough grip, optimized to outperform in all environments